Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Welcome to DunkNDonuts

 Let's not have that debate between Donut and Doughnut....

Chocolate raspberry and raspberry... only 50 cents each... ;P
My First Attempt at Donuts! And Also a Type of Bread

These are not the first donuts to be constructed by this family, but they are the first donuts to be produced by me! I have never tried to make bread on my own before, mainly because it requires patience and kneading and I'd most likely overknead something. Oh gosh. Overknead isn't a word.

So I was browsing G+ and I came across a donut recipe that I linked for later. The day was rainy and dark, depressing and lazying me. My patience with a malfunctioning oven had diminished, and I HAD to make something. Donuts were a great choice in these hard times, since they only required use of the stove. However, our inventory lacked yeast, and good donuts required yeast. So while my sister was beating up punching bags, Daddy went to Wal-Mart to restock our inventory. He came back home with... GROCERIES!! But I didn't make the donuts right away, because I still felt lazy and it was too late, anyhow. So the next day, I browsed the Net for good donut recipes, and by 9am I'd found one and began to mix stuff up.

Mmkay, so the dough was easy to prepare despite a few things I did wrong, and it rose properly as well. Everyone became included once I rolled the dough out. Brother H cut out a star shaped donut, but it resulted as 'tiny' and 'lame' in his words, so that was the only star donut ever made in donut history. The majority of the donut shapes were the typical circle with a hole in the center, but then with the scrap dough, H wanted to make some blobs with air inside. After finally cutting all the donuts out, I let them rise for 19 minutes, and then Mum came along and told me the dough would need space if it was going to rise, so I had to transfer some donuts to another sheet and add 11 minutes to the timer. Later, H fried them, and put together a glaze made of confectioners' sugar, butter, and raspberries.
Why go to Dunkin' Donuts when you can make your own?
...because homemade donuts are terrible.
Special thanks to Mum, for her random assistance. H, for making blobs and a star and frying the donuts while also making a glaze that I didn't plan to do until they were all fried. S, for taking pictures. And Daddy, for eating the last piece.

Annnnd I may try these another time.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme a om-nom-nom-comment!!