Sunday, December 28, 2014

First Time for Another First Time

We're invited for lunch at a friend's house today, which is a wonderful baking opportunity. I leafed through millions of pages of cookbooks the other day, but I couldn't settle on one thing. I knew I wanted to make brownies, but what kind, bro?! My other option was to make banana cream puffs for the first time, but I decided not to. Seriously, why does my mind want to make things for the first time when it's for a special occasion? I think I'm mentally challenged.

Okay, I take that back. One mustn't be too hard on oneself.

I made something about an hour ago that is still in the oven. Ugh, BRB, the timer's done.

Okay, back. I had to do a couple chores instructed to me by Mum. Anyway, the brownies were supposed to be done a long time ago, but I guess they took longer than they were supposed to because I preheated the oven at the last minute. Hey, don't blame me. A certain someone wanted to eat sweet potato french fries for breakfast, which required use of the oven.

Did I tell you what I made yet? No? *cackle* Oh, how I love exposing everything discreetly.

Today's post features....

Mexican Brownies!!

The Mexicans that invented this recipe are geniuses. These brownies taste like SUGAR OVERLOAD!!! SUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGAR
SUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGAR
SUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGAR

Like I said, sugar overload.

My sister, at the age of 10, made these all on her own for the first time. I, seven years later, am making these for the first time. My sister is such a genius. Maybe she's part Mexican. LOL, wut. Just kidding.

Here is a fabulous photo of the recipe card my sis wrote a million years ago. Don't you guys just love her penmanship?

Too blurry? 2BSS, SISTAH!! (2BSS = 2 Bad So Sad)

Since y'all probs can't read it, I will kindly write the ingredients down for y'all.
1 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

My sister is in the kitchen making the coffee icing. Since I did most of the work.... ehehhuhhuhuh *cough*

Since I didn't have much mistakes... other than the late preheating... here is a bunch of pictures I snapped. Well, Little Gamer Bro Assistant took some as well.


Little Brother took this. His finger is in the way.

Those fab feet are Little Brother Assistant's.

[10 hours later]

The lunch was fabulous. The hosts liked the brownies. One of them even took a picture of them. Lol. And now, one brownie is left, sitting alonely in a container on the table.

[1 hour later]

Okay, I'm back on my good old computer where the pictures are.

First you line your 13 x 9 square pan... with foil... also, remember, unlike me, to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Fabulous, fascinating light.
Combine your flour...
Pouring flour in the bowl
  ...with your cocoa...
Pouring cocoa in the bowl
You know, I'm aware that these pictures are low-quality. I kind of like that. I mean, they're just pictures. I ain't no photo journalist.





Now add your salt...
Adding salt

And whisk 'em all together...

Now melt your butter over low heat...
Putting the stove on low heat
Butter wraps
Save your butter wraps... grease the pan with them...
Still kinda cold and stickin' together

Peace out, butter stix. Have fun being reduced to nothing but yellow liquid...
{Bedtime for me. Bah-bah, bad guys!!}

[13 hours later]

More photos for you people!!

I think this pic is upside down
Combine the melted butter with the sugar...
Ta-da!
I had Little Brother frustrated by telling him to take these useless photos
Now mix in the eggs one at a time...
Now, combine the butter-sugar mixture with the flour-cocoa mixture.

Whisk together...
Get this awesome chocolate mixture (that tastes awesome)...





See ya soon
Sorry, I couldn't find The Man, i.e., the cake tester. Had to kill the brownies with a fork...
 

The fault in our brownies (literally. If you know some geology, you'll find this funny.)

Teh koffy icing
 


 Then you serve them to people at lunch. The end. There. Finally done with this post. Took three days to complete.... e.e

And those guests are gonna come to our house this coming Thursday. Woo-hoo!!

In case you don't like reading recipes that have a lot of pictures, here's the complete recipe.

INGREDIENTS:

Brownie:

1 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 Cup Butter [2 sticks]
2 Cups Granulated Sugar
4 Large Eggs
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract

Coffee Icing:
1 Tablespoon instant cofee powder or granules
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoons Water
1/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1 1/3 Cups Confectioners'/Powdered Sugar
Coffee beans and/or chopped semisweet chocolate for garnish.

The process~

1. Line pan with foil and grease it.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
4. Stir in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract.
5. Combine the flour mixture with the sugar and butter mixture. Pour batter in prepared pan.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in pan.

7. For the frosting, dissolve vanilla extract with water and set aside. Heat brown sugar and butter over medium heat till they are melted and bubbly [two minutes].
8. Remove from heat. With a whisk, beat in the coffee.
9. Mix in water. Add powdered sugar until blended and smooth.
10. Spread over brownies.
11. Enjoy.
12: Wish that you had more.

Thank you for reading!!

N
 

2 comments:

  1. The hilarious thing is...when I saw the picture of the cut in the middle of the brownie...I thought you were trying to put an "N" there for your name on purpose. And then I realized it was a mistake...

    ReplyDelete

Gimme a om-nom-nom-comment!!