Sunday, November 30, 2014

Really, Me? BLC Update

So I read over my post last night, and I thought, "Wow, really, N. Post pictures of that creature you created? Nah."

By the way, BLC stands for Buttermilk Lemon Cake. Anyway, there were quite a lot of problems with that cake. First of all, one of the sticks of butter was not completely softened, so it caused some trouble during the mixing. Then, as I was pouring the rather watery mixture into the pans, I saw some chunks of it in there. As I scraped the rest out, a huge chunk of butter-and-whatever appeared, and I was like, OMG. There was nothing I could do because we were really rushing and I hadn't showered yet, so I let it go. #frozen Then, when I took the cake out, it looked like a total disaster and part of it was burnt and I couldn't even get it out of the pan. It didn't even rise. When I cut it and took a piece out, the bottom was rubber-like. It was squishy but tough. Kinda like a really breakable eraser.

What I lined the pan with was another story. We didn't have parchment paper, so I used wax paper. I didn't think that would cause any problems, but unfortunately it did. It burnt and the cake stuck to it. What I learned was that parchment paper doesn't stick; wax does. What a huge waste of beautiful lemons. I'd like to try again, but not until I've caught up with homework (heehee).

We need a new Bundt pan.

So, yes. There you go.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme a om-nom-nom-comment!!