Monday, May 26, 2014

Everyday Chocolate Cake: Attempt Alone #1

Everyday Chocolate Cake, made entirely by moi. Dig in!
Today I made Everyday Chocolate Cake by myself! I made it two weeks ago with my sister. It was crumbly, chocolatey, and delicioso. It was mi precioso. If I picked it up and hugged it, it would look like rich soil before I even started hugging it.


Anyway.


This time, the cake was more dense. And when I test-pressed it to check for readiness, the dents STAYED. And I didn't even press that hard. I felt so evil rejected.

I guessed the cake was dense because I possibly overmixed the batter. The recipe said to not overmix. I rebelled. But I just love mixing things together, okay?

Those dents though.


Also, I didn't put wax paper in the cake pan. I greased it with the leftover butter wrapper. Then I floured it. My school's founder, manager, and principal mom showed me the proper way to flour a greased pan. All the corners were not greased. So I greased my finger and rubbed the corners, then floured them. It looked like it would work. But it didn't. I mean, check this out, and then laugh.

Those fingers are my brother's fingers.

And... what else. Well. The cake tasted okay, smelled okay, and looked okay. Oh yeah! I had slight trouble getting it out of the pan!

Wise Ol' Mum said, "With parchment paper you can just pull it out of the pan."

I pondered over her statement. The gears in my mind whirred. "Would wax paper work too? Or would it burn in the oven?"

Mother the Non-Moth said, "No, no... it won't burn... ahh..."

I forgot what she said after that. Anyways, I did PHOTO CHUTES SHOOTS! My brother, who I shall call Monsieur Orange Singlet, photobombed my photoshoots. I didn't want him hanign around uselessly, so I told him to take some pictures. They were horridly blurry. Typical? (Like mind like pictures. Lol, jk.)

SO.

I think that's all......

WAIT IT ISN'T

Look at these to complete your day.

Top view. I told Mum, "You have to take it from different angles, y'know?"



I didn't know what those white/yellow things were. I JUST figured out that it is most likely the flour from the pan. *facepalm* Why am I so dense. Well, like cake like baker I guess.
The amazing cuttingness. Photo courtesy of Monsieur Orange Singlet.


Ciao and happy eating. Just try not to get constipation or the opposite of that.

-N-

THE RECIPE...

Oven: 325°F
Baking Duration: 1h 10m

INGREDIENTS
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar (when you buy it, pack it safely and hardly among all the other groceries. cereal boxes are best.)
  •  1/2 cup regular sugar
  • 1 egg, at room temperature
  • 1 cup buttermilk (= 4 TBS buttermilk and 1 cup of water)
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat your oven.
  2. Butter and lightly flour a 9 x 5 x 3" loaf pan, or line it with parchment/wax paper.
  3. Cream the butter until it is smooth. Add the sugars and beat until the mixture is fluffy.
  4. Add the egg and beat well, then add the buttermilk. 
  5. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in the wet ingredients.
  6. Stir until well blended and don't overmix. Because I didn't.
  7. Pour the batter in a loaf pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes.
  8. Om nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme a om-nom-nom-comment!!